Of Strength and Breathing

1 I love you, O Lord, my strength.
2 The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
3 I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,
and I am saved from my enemies.
4 The cords of death encompassed me;
the torrents of destruction assailed me;
5 the cords of Sheol entangled me;
the snares of death confronted me.
6 In my distress I called upon the Lord;
to my God I cried for help.
From his temple he heard my voice,
and my cry to him reached his ears.
7 Then the earth reeled and rocked;
the foundations also of the mountains trembled
and quaked, because he was angry.

Psalms 18:1-7

Don't you hate not knowing what your doing? Well if you don't mind that you're just weird and you actually do want control over your life. And if you don't well.... You are a better person than me ;)
But really no one loves the trust fall right? I mean for the most part you trust that the people below will "try" to catch you but I'm pretty muscular and heavy....(hahahahahaha).... They probably aren't strong enough to catch me.

That's how I felt with God, He isn't strong enough to get me through my life or see that His plan for my life actually happens.

But "Then the earth reeled and rocked; the foundations also of the mountains trembled and quaked, because he was angry."

Goodness, God angry? Angry because I am in trouble? Angry enough that the whole earth could shake? Power enough that Him simply speaking could create life itself, strong enough to split the seas, defeat armies and nations. Strong enough to bring two men back to life and defeat death. And He's angry over me. God is strong enough to save and to forgive.

But still, there are days where I don't have nearly enough strength to have faith or to do everything I need to do, which can sometimes seem like just way too much. Even though I want to get it all done and feel like my faith is pathetically weak and small.

Then I learned that it's not about what we do or don't do, not about the days tasks, no goal or mission, not "becoming more perfect" or whatever, not about never getting frustrated and making perfect use of your time, not putting sin to death. Not about any part of the process.

It's all about the relationship. Just like they say of a spouse "she's my better half" or that a spouse is supposed to refine you. God is most certainly my better half, it's not an attempt to be a good little christian and cover up our weakness that we follow Christ. But because of love.

You don't court/date someone because you need them to be your salvation. We all groan when a couple is constantly posting about their significant other right? It would be way worse if they thought the other was saving them.... *shudders* *gags*

Anyways. Let's get that bad taste out of our mouths xD

You build marriage with love, sacrificial love by serving them and putting them first. And marriage is the exact picture of our relationship with God in Jesus Christ. We follow His plan and put His will first and He looks out for and protects us. "We love Him because He first loved us". We can't love Him just because we "feel" like it, sometimes it will be hard, but then, He already knows we won't always be perfect in faith. Hold on, we know He is strong.

So don't get caught up trying to make sure you get the "process" of faith down, just simply enjoy God.

ENJOY????? **********RED ALERT**********

Stop right there! We are responsible christians trying to make something of ourselves! There is no enjoy! There is no time to slow down!

Time out. I'm not against responsibility, but if because of school or a job and everything else in between we lose sight of God, what then is the gain of all the responsibility? Why gain the world but lose your soul? Why know all the information in the world but be completely stressed out because we're drowning in to-do lists? Why the rush? Take time and seek God first. Take time and seek God with the people God has put in your life and just go talk with them about life and Jesus. (sorry introverts, you can take that part in doses :P)

God is the being who puts color into everything. He gives us our identity. We won't know who we are if we don't know Him. And we won't know Him if we don't just sit and breath in His presence. Pray. Read His Word. Hear His voice. Surrender our hearts to Him and refocus on Him.

When we lose ourselves in life, or our sin or anything at all besides God we lose sight of so much. Of real joy and we miss the fact that life is short, don't go left because the "right" way looks comfortable and that can't be right. But then don't go right because the left looks too hard. Take the path out of the equation and just ask God for the next step, what choice He wants you to make in the here and now, what I should do today. Not what I should do for the next ten years, He already knows the way, but He is more than strong enough to catch us when we (trust) fall. My goodness He can hear the prayers of the whole world and knows what everyone is thinking all at once. Surely He's made a good plan for your life.

I may be slow and small in this world but He knows me, He sees me and knows every move I'll ever make in my life. I trust He's strong. I know He has a plan. I have experienced a foretaste of His love and have seen His grace in my life. And haha yeah I'm a complete and total mess, my family and friends will attest to that, but hehe God made me this way so run for the hills cause I talk a lot and they don't call me Zach-yak for nothing! But I'm a son of God and I believe that He is who He says He is.

Do you?

Thanks for reading,
Zachary

PS
I almost forgot a song *gasp* but nope! Not getting out of music that easy! ;P
"Even if" by MercyMe & "Breath" by Jonny Diaz

Comments

  1. I really like the analogy of the trust fall - I hate those! But it's a good picture :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it hit me and I knew it was just right. Haha I don't like them that much either xD

      Delete

Post a Comment