Who Am I? - An Introduction

Hello world, my name is Zachary Fuller and I'm sixteen years old. I'm not a writer but I aim to give this my best. And this blog is the story of my life as it's playing out. What inspires the posts will be anything from what God has been teaching me to a book I read. The posts might be really short, or an essay. They will frequently reference songs that are related to or inspired the post (like for this post I'll be telling you to listen to "who am I" by Casting Crowns. The song partially inspiring the name). because music is a big part of me. I love listening to it and want to play the guitar. And even more I love singing my heart out to God.

But!

Why the name "who am I?". I originally planned to name it "who I am" but then I realized that wasn't quite right. My identity isn't because I made myself something, I can't tell you who I am. I can only tell you who God has made me. And we only find that when we ask God "who am I?" So who am I? I spent the first fourteen years of my life needing to answer that question. I never gave it thought until around the time I turned fourteen. Or really, anything much thought. You see, I was just living my life without a purpose. Without something greater than just daily tasks. Then enter the Savior of the world. And I found purpose, I had the answer to who I was. I'm nothing special. But because of who Christ is in me I have purpose, love and joy. I have an identity that won't just have me going through the motions. My life will amount to so much more now. Jesus has given my life more purpose than to simply live. And put color into everything. I can't tell you much about the first years of my life due to the fact I wasn't me then. That was a different life.

So, this blog is about the new life. The one found in 2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” Its about who He's making me, I'm a work in process. I'm not perfect, but I'm new and forgiven by the Creator of the universe. So "who am I?" Is because of what He's done in my life. Everything flows from God. Everyday is gift from Him and can be lived to fullest through Him.

Because the theme of my (and everyone's) life is the life we have from Christ. So may my blog encourage you. May what God shows me (or hits me on the head with ;P) be something you needed to hear. Or just make you laugh. But I'm not writing this because I want a lot of social media likes. Well sort of, it would be nice ;). But to share just how great God is. And all that He's done and doing in my life.

Thanks for reading,
Zachary

Comments

Post a Comment