"First" Post

So since this is my first post (excluding the intro) it has to be something special right? There's only one beginning of something right? So that's what my first post will be about.

First.

There's something special about the word "first". My life has been defined by new beginnings. From the first time we walk, though we don't remember it. Or the first time I was truly alive when Jesus came into my life. And the first time I went to mime. We might be scared to face something new, it's hard to try new things. I speak with very recent experience, I mean I just started a blog.... that's a pretty big step for me. It's scary to think people will read this, maybe even laugh at a guy with a blog. But if we let fear of the unknown stop us. We will never have the joys that come from walking on the edge. “for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” 2 Timothy 1:7 ESV

Nothing comes free. We have to be willing to face our fears if we want the rewards God offers us. It's not easy, it's really scary sometimes. But it's so worth it. Every time. If we let go of our fears and truly live the life God wants us to live. If we chase our dreams. Make those sacrifices and do the hard things. Not only will we receive the prize we seek. But we will find joy in chasing after Jesus.

As some of you know my insulin pump recently broke and I got a new one. The old one that I've had for eight years will have to be sent back to Medtronic (the company that made it). I'm a pretty nostalgic and sentimental person, so giving it away after eight years is hard. I've had that pump for the craziest years of my life. I had it when Jesus came along. I had it when I first went to mime. But I think it goes well with new beginnings. The end of something means a new beginning. By letting go of something we make room for even greater things. And if those eight were so great. Why shouldn't the next eight be even more amazing?  

So, here's to another new beginning. My first ever blog post. I can't wait to see where it goes and what other new beginnings God has in store.

Thanks for reading,
Zachary

Comments

Post a Comment