Nothing to Say

When you've got nothing to say, what should you say?
What could you say, what can you say?
Dying to speak, something in your chest longs to be free; but you can never put it to rest.

Should I speak my heart? Tell you why it hurts and how it seems I'll never be whole?
Should I speak of dreams unheard of when really I fear they would never come to be?
Should I speak of regrets when I in fact am luckier than most?
Should I try to make things seem worse for me or is the pain I feel.
Should I speak of fear when what I really want to do is lock all this away?

As I write I wish I'd never had the courage to start, this is pointless what I'm trying to say won't make it out of my brain. It's twisted and jumbled, making sense only to me so why should I bother to tell you my tale?

I've got nothing to say yet here I am.

When you feel you've nothing to say, go on and speak anyway. And perhaps you'll find that what you have to say is just what someone needed to hear that day.

Comments

Post a Comment